Monday, October 18, 2010

...pick you up.

I have never been comfortable with the "Pick up Line."

It always amazes me that some guys use some of the silliest lines and they actually work. "Darlin, did you hurt yourself when you fell from Heaven cuz you sure are an Angel!"  Yeah I think she bumped her head pretty hard if she fell for that line, you might want to stop by the hospital before bringing her to your place, that girl has a concussion!

I wonder what is it that makes women Choose the guy with the lame pick up line. Is it that they are impressed that he possesses the self confidence to use such a silly line?  Or do they lack the self confidence to say, "Dude that was horrible, please go away." 

"Hey babe, wanna get LUCKY!?"........Ladies...... the response should be, "My luck will improve as soon as you leave." ,  unless you really want to get "Lucky" then go ahead go home with the guy but I guarantee you if he lacks the imagination to come up with a clever and original line he will lack imagination and originality in other places as well. Not sure "Lucky" is how you're going to feel afterwards.

I do tend to think there are some women who fall for the bad pick up line because they are funny, but guys, you have to understand what is funny to a guy is not always funny to the ladies. On several of the websites for bad pick up lines, (to be honest the "Good" ones aren't much different.) This little charmer can be found... "Eww..Someone farted, lets get out of here." ( I really can't make this up.) Now Ladies if that's the line that gets you to go along then there's no hope for you. But I must also add that if a girl were to use that line on a guy the first thing he would think is, "Yep, She's a KEEPER!"

Some of the lines I have read are just downright nasty, and as I have chosen to keep this blog as a PG-13 posting I can not give you any examples. I will say, "I would look good on you." is pretty tame but still very high on the lame factor

Austin Powers, was only funny for about 3 months, you should never use the term "Shag". It's dumb and begs her to associate you with a silly hairy brit spy with bad teeth, and a big fat guy that eats babies. Although, if that's the impact you're looking for then go for it, but I bet you won't be bringing home any Elizabeth Hurleys.

I wonder sometimes if girls go for so many bad lines because they just feel sorry for us guys, I know I always thought the approach was the worst part of the game. Guys really struggle coming up with such lines, they (sadly) put a lot of thought into them, they pour their hearts into them. The poor guy can sit for weeks, months, or even years crafting the perfect line for the cute girl that works in the coffee shop or the waitress in the restaurant that he can't afford to go to twice a week but has to keep going because this time, this one last time she will come to his table to take his order and he will FINALLY have worked up enought nerve to look her in the eyes , smile to her and say, "I'd give you a piece of my mind, but I have more of something else." Then instantly his face would go blank and he will go into panic mode thinking to himself, "Holy Crap Dude!, That was not what I wanted to say! What the heck is wrong with me! That didn't even make any sense! Stupid, stupid,stupid!"

 Yeah, I'm guessing the pick up lines work because the ladies have it so easy with guys, they look at us from across the bar (optional), walk up (optional), smile (optional), hand us a beer (optional) and say, "hi"...............BAZINGA!!!!!!!! WE are hooked, we will follow you anywhere!

I'm so glad I'm happily married, and if you have any doubts about how bad it is for me to come up with a line, it took 15+ years of knowing each other, working together for her dad, both of us moving away, getting married to other people and seperated before we even started dating.  Yeah....I got Mad Skillz! yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment