Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trip notes 1

5am- say bye to Ian and Dana, Ian was a trooper. But if they stayed longer I'm sure I'd be the one crying.



530am- board plane to NY . Aisle seat, this plane is very skinny I can literally touch both sides of the cabin.




610am- We are in the air. Looks like I have a window seat after all. Nobody next to me so I slid over



Kevin is 3 rows up from me and Debi, Josh, Randy and Laurie are 6 rows behind me.



645am- I have never seen the sunrise from a plane before, it's pretty cool. About 15 minutes ago there were some really interesting looking islands, going to have to look and see if I can find them on the map . Mid way between NC & NY. starting our decent now.




7am- I just remembered, it's not the takeoff that I hate, it's the descent to land that bugs me... Ugh....



715am- landed....it was a.......perfect...um... Two bounce landing. New York!!!



830am -NY Emerates counter said we have to check our carry on luggage because it was over 15 pounds.



Randy gets pulled to the side again because he is so suspicious looking and has titanium hips.



The airport bathroom has a huge line because it's being cleaned? Nope, it had a massive leak and they were trying to contain it.



10am- nothing new to tell other than the Emerates flight attendant uniforms are very different, very classy.



I do think if I ever travel again I will not assume that the air terminals have free wifi..... We will see how the rest goes.



11am-boarded The plane to Dubai, it's a 777!!! This plane is HUGE!




This plane is amazing, there is a whole console for video games, tv, movies and music right in front of me. There is also a front facing and down facing camera outside and we can see them from our seat. I have video of the take off.



12 noon- I think I'll watch Green Lantern now.



Lunch was like a meal in a fancy restaurant... Minus the tin foil and plastic containers....but it was yummy.




330pm- lights in the cabin dimmed and the ceiling looked twinkling stars.



530pm- five and a half hours sitting still so far, my butt is totally numb....I should get up to walk around to see if I walk funny with a numb butt.



I'm on my 3rd movie.



630- was just given a slice of pizza. We are over land now.



930pm/ US Time - please bring back our nice flight attendants, it looks like they switch zones through the flight and the ones we have now are very grumpy.



We are getting breakfast now . It's morning in Dubai.



1130pm US time/ 7 ish morning Dubai- I have now seen two sunrises from a plane, we are getting ready to land in Dubai. Hopefully the pilot doesn't bounce us twice like the first one did. We will have a 7 hour layover.




830am- explore Dubai.




Atlantis on the Palms shaped islands.




It's funny to me to see all the McDonalds, Wendy's , Subways, KFCs and Hardees all over the place that is the richest in the world.



930am- we stopped at a beach to get our feet wet, give thanks and recharge.


Now on our way to the worlds largest mall... I still am in awe that I am this far from home and have farther to go on this journey. The good stuff hasn't even started yet.



Our cab drivers name sounds like Hallelujah , I think we are making her mad or maybe she is just normally gruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment