Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trip notes #3

9am- taken on the great breakfast adventure. They eat breakfast at 11am around here so nothing was open.



Rode on the back of a motorcycle through Vizag..... It was AWESOME!!! It was so cool I asked Satish to take the long way back because it was so fun.




1130am- Pastors conference starts. About 250 pastors from surrounding region in attendance . There are so many people here that they can not all fit in this small church, there are people sitting in chairs outside surrounding the church.




Vizag's full name means City of Destiny.



I have to mention a little chuckle I had. Our names to them are just as hard to say for them as their names are for us. For example Laurie was introduced as "Larry". HA! if you think I'm not going to grab on to that one and have fun with it then you don't know me. She will either love me or stuff me in checked baggage for the ride home.




Romans 1:16-17- Kevin speaks. Then showcases the technology that is used to spread the word.



130pm - break for lunch and meet & greet.



230pm- second session of conference.



Kevin puts out a plea to all of the independent Pastors to join a fellowship to encourage a supporting network to further their ministry together.



I have never seen such a large group of people get along as well as this group is. We could learn a lot from their mutual respect.



Demonstrated the water purification system .



4pm- conference over.



It's amazing to me, I think I have actually shook the hand of every single one of the 250 visiting pastors.



Their stories were amazing



After the pastors all left Satish came to get me and asked me to hang out upstairs.



Satish, Achula, Vijay and Prasad introduced us to Satish's father and brought Randy, Josh and I tea.



We sat up on the roof for two hours while they tried to teach us how to speak in Telugu while all the kids giggled .



Even the tea is good here, there was only one thing that was served to us on this trip so far that I haven't liked and that was a chicken burger with cole slaw. They didn't mention Cole slaw on the menu.



Transported on motorcycle again. They have awesome control of these things it is both fun and scary in the same breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment