Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Update you.

Greetings ,  This should have gone out before my trip but I kinda flaked out, sorry.


I know it may have been a while since you have heard from me so I am writing you now to bring you up to date on all of the awesome changes that have been happening concerning our mission trip to India.

Things have been falling together very smoothly so far, I received my Passport and sent it off for my travel visa. The visa surprisingly came back in three days so that was incredible. That’s better than any turn around from Netflix! Dana held my hand and Ian taunted me as we went to Passport Health to get all of my shots, Five shots total Eight vaccines total. For those who know me well know I’m not the greatest person around needles but I had to set a good example for our little taunting boy. He knows now there is no way out of his next shots.

The trip itself has evolved as well, We are going to Hyderabad for the orphanage, a couple local villages and the leper colony as well as visiting a coastal town called Vishakhpatnum (Good luck with that, I have heard it referred to as Vishka or Vizag? ) If you find Hyderabad in the central southern region of India and then travel east and slightly north to the coast, you will find Vishakhpatnum. I am also eager because we have heard there may be a visit to a jungle village. (I’m praying that this all falls together the way it needs to)

Global Hope India has been busy as well during this time Kevin, Laurie and the rest of the GHI team (you can meet them at Globalhopeindia.org) Have really found some great projects for us and future teams. We will be bringing 2 water purification units with us to help set up as well as teach the locals how to build more using materials easily found locally and another project for placing a large library of Christian content on cell phones in the region called Mobile Evangelist. I’m not sure on the details but it looks like by using mobile hotspots, cell phones and a few laptops (solar powered) the local pastors will have access to resources and be able to share their experiences and needs with each other.

Well, this is where we all are at the moment, some of the team members are finishing up with their visas and we are all excited to get in the air.

Thank you all, once again for all of your support and prayer, Please keep the prayers coming for us who are traveling and our loved ones who are staying behind. They will have enough to worry about just keeping things moving steady here at home, lets continue to pray that their worries and burdens are minimal.

I love and thank you all, God Bless you and yours.

Tom



- For more info on Mobile Evangelist and a Sneak peek of one of the Pastors (Samuel) I will be meeting please follow this link-
 http://www.youtube.com/stevekeel#g/c/762C27C5E80476BD

No comments:

Post a Comment