Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trip notes 6.

9am- breakfast at Samuels home. Good bland breakfast.



Chomped down on a few bananas for a little intestinal binding.



11 am- been on road for an hour, heading to the jungle village.



The road changed drastically as we are starting to get further away.





12 noon- we just switched our passengers around, Samuel doesn't want any of us up front as we get further away from civilization.



Rules for jungle village - Stay together , no wandering off. They have never seen white people before so they might be afraid.



1pm- just passed a jungle market.



I'm having a problem staying hydrated and not having to pee every 5 minutes...



130pm- the village in the jungle was different than I expected. It was more remote than primitive, they had electricity and a few houses.



The clothing they had was just like everywhere else here in India with the exception of the Saris the women wore. It was a different sari for a different region.



MONKEYS!!!!! MONKEYS!!!!! I SEE MONKEYS!!!!!



2pm- village church. Held at the small house where Samuel grew up.



After that we went out back to hand out mango trees and chickens.... Have you ever blessed a chicken?



Today I blessed a whole mess of chickens.



What do you say when blessing a chicken ? I have no clue what I said, I think Kevin recorded it.



LIFE AIN'T KICKIN UNLESS YOU'RE BLESSING A CHICKEN!!



3pm- leaving jungle village to come back to Vizag .



After saying a prayer over the chickens Kevin says" It's time to go." I turn to follow and I find myself right in the middle of a group of women and children holding little jars of oil again.....
( I was more at ease this time, I didn't feel so overwhelmed this time. I was still the last one to the vehicle but I was learning to keep the prayers short......especially for the little old ladies that get back in line several times. It made me chuckle, they are so sweet.)


As we were sitting in the car, a couple comes to the window holding their little girl. She was different than the rest of the children, we all did a double take. She had great big pretty brown eyes, really light skin, and blonde hair.



Oh I almost forgot, if you ever find yourself in a remote jungle village in India and a kid fist bumps you.....I was there.



6pm- We are back at 4 Seasons for dinner. Tonight I'm looking at pizza and French fries.



830 pm- standing outside 4 Seasons waiting for the cars to pick us up to do some shopping.



Randy mentions that he would like to go to the hotel instead so I join him. We decided to walk.



Man, nothing attracts attention more than a couple of tall Americans walking through town.



1030pm- Satish, Eswar, Abi, and the Bellhop came to our door with fireworks for us. I don't care if any of you ever heard me say, "I wish we had better fireworks here.". ..... I was so wrong, I think I will stick to the wimpy North Carolina approved fireworks. The ones they have here left me cowering in the corner with my fingers in my ears crying, "No more booms, no more booms!



11pm- try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment