Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trip notes #5

9am- leave to pick up Sekher to experience his ministry.



10:30- Helen Keller Memorial School for the blind - Sai was one of the children living here. Residential school for the blind.


Jagsnadham is 15 years old but looks like he is 5.





I'm very proud of Josh, he did a great prayer for the students at the home. There are 17 students living at the home.



This was a very emotional visit...the car was completely silent for the first few minutes after we left.



11am- second village, beautiful building built by the donations of the congregation. There was an amazing carved door on the front.



This building was very nice and held about 100 people. We were told it cost about $6000 to build. Can you imagine? What else could be built with such a small amount in the village? A well? Public wash rooms?


We were welcomed with flowered leis again. These things smell awesome.


11:30am- next village, greeted with fresh coconut juice straight from the tree with a straw sticking out of it




The church was smaller but the greatness flowing out of it was just as grand .

(Now this church had something that I had not seen in the other churches so far. A baptismal)



Im not sure if it was because of the gum I was chewing or what, but fresh coconut juice was not my favorite.



12:30- another village. I think I'm losing count, the later it gets the more villages we have to see.

Really quick blessing on a small church building, closed building/ no service.



I think by having me squished in the back of a small SUV with 8 grown men is Gods way of showing me that I need patience.



1pm- last church. Really cute little church, there were no more than 20 people there.





- Okay.... So I don't even know where I am (besides India) ..... But as I roll my aching body out of the SUV and begin to walk to the church a rickshaw passes by and I hear someone yelling, "Tom!!! Hey Tom!!!" and we all turn and there are three guys waving as they pass by. I'm not sure who it was but it was kinda cool considering how far from Vizag we were. (I love it! It's like when you see Bigfoot for the second time in your life....there's no doubt about it......yep, that's Bigfoot!)

There were only a couple of men here at this church. We were told that is how it was, the women come first in most cases then the men join them after a while. There were about ten women that said they would like bibles ( the rest already had one), the pastor asked Keven to pray about it, we were able to come up with enough monsy to give to the pastor to buy the bibles. Sekhar has since sent a picture of them recieving them.






Somehow on the way back we found another church to visit, this one was a large hut in the middle of slums, undeveloped land and high end condos/flats.
Oh, and if you haven't noticed by now or I haven't mentioned it, shoes come off before you enter the church and the men sit on one side....
...and the women sit on the other side.




230pm- dinner at Sekher's house then meet his congregation . His wife Sharon, (not pictured below) made the best meal we have had since landing.




5pm- return to hotel, we haven't really stopped for a break since we landed here, it was really nice to have some bonding time and a few laughs with the team .



Diwalli, is the festival of lights, the whole town was setting off fireworks ALL night long....it was cool....for a little bit anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment