Monday, August 23, 2010

... Judge the classic car show.

Now living in the south there are few things I expect to see done very well as far as "SHOWS" go. There are too many passionate people in this town to let their "Shows" fall to mediocrity.

The Renaissance Fair, (you can put the "E" at the end if you like but around here they would just call it the Renaissance Fairy.) - Yes, the south has its share of Fantasy geeks and barbarian want to be's and believe it or not they put on a pretty good show although the Pan character always gives me the creeps. Horses charge, Lances break and Knights dismount from their steeds the hard way. This year we even saw a mighty Knight shed some tears when play time hit a little too hard. All and all it was a pretty good time, and I had a little extra fun counting how many "Modern Knight" comments my Ironman shirt was getting. Yes I did.

The State Fair- The rides I will never ride, the games I will rarely play, the crowd that is always there and the foods I could never imagine could be fried! AWESOME!

The Dixie Knife and Gun show.- YEEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!! I'm actually afraid of this one. But I hear it's the best.

The Fishing and Boat show- This show turns men into kids again, "Mamma, I want this un!" The amount of drooling that goes on at this show keeps the boat industry afloat. Very cool boats among other things that will bankrupt a family but keep them entertained for at least six months.

The Classic Car show- Usually, in a town like this a classic car show is a pretty good deal. I have been to some of the small town ones and there was a lot to look at. I figured The Classic Car Show at the Capital would certainly have to be the best......Right? I mean, all those small towns getting together with all of their cars to have a show at the capital? That HAS to be worth the Ten Bucks they want to see the "Hundreds of cars indoors..." , Wow, there were a bout a hundred cars lined up outside that I didn't have to pay to see, I can only imagine what inside must be like. My friends and I paid the ten dollars and looked down at the 60 of 70 cars strung between the 30 to 40 vendors took a few pictures and went back outside after about a half an hour feeling totally ripped off. Raleigh, you should be ashamed of yourself! I have seen Yankee towns put on a better classic car show, you should have your Redneck Card revoked! Shame on you..... Next year I will save my money so I can stay outside and argue with the angry Turkish vendor over the cost of an undercooked turkey leg.

1 comment:

  1. So true, to the town who can host the State Fair and attract 100,000 people, can't we find a few more classic cars in Raleigh? Or even just put standards, classic is over 25 years old. No Honda 90's cars for sale, at points it reminded me of a used car lot!

    ReplyDelete